Results for 'old'
- Length: 3 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: old
- Human being
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectival Noun
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Related Glossary Definitions:
Golden boot; Golden generation; Golden goal; Holding midfielder
Definitions of Old:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'old' as word stem):