Results for 'pick'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: pick
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in archaeology or anthropology
- Term used in cricket
- Term used in basketball
- Term used in bowling
- Term used in table tennis
- Term used in botany
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Pick:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'pick' as word stem):
Prefix + 'pick'
handpick, nitpick, nutpick, spick, toothpick, unpick,
'pick' + Suffix
pickaback, pickable, pickadil, pickadils, pickage, pickages, pickaninnies, pickaninny, pickax, pickaxe, pickaxed, pickaxes, pickaxing, picked, pickeer, pickeered, pickeering, pickeers, picker, pickerel, pickerels, pickers, picket, picketed, picketer, picketers, picketing, pickets, pickier, pickiest, pickily, pickiness, picking, pickings, pickle, pickled, pickler, picklers, pickles, pickling, picklock, picklocks, pickoff, pickoffs, pickpocket, pickpockets, picks, pickup, pickups, pickwick, pickwickian, pickwicks, picky,