Results for 'prove'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: prove
- Copula Verb
- Copula (also called copular or linking verbs) verbs connect the subject to the complement
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Prove:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'prove' as word stem):
Prefix + 'prove'
approve, disapprove, disprove, improve, reapprove, reprove, unapprove, undisprove, unimprove, unprove,
'prove' + Suffix
proved, proven, provenance, provenances, provencal, provencale, provence, provender, provenders, provenly, proventricular, proventriculi, proventriculus, prover, proverb, proverbed, proverbial, proverbiality, proverbially, proverbing, proverbs, provers, proves,