Results for 'quick'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: quick
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
- Make the verb by adding -EN
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Quick:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'quick' as word stem):
'quick' + Suffix
quicken, quickened, quickener, quickeners, quickening, quickens, quicker, quickest, quickie, quickies, quicklime, quickly, quickness, quicknesses, quicks, quicksand, quicksands, quickset, quicksets, quicksilver, quicksilvers, quickstep, quickstepped, quickstepping, quicksteps, quickthorn,