Results for 'rain'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: rain
- Weather Vocab
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- Term used in Gullah, spoken in parts of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Uncountable Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Trainer; Training ground
Definitions of Rain:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'rain' as word stem):