Results for 'rain'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: rain
- Weather Vocab
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- Term used in Gullah, spoken in parts of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Uncountable Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Trainer; Training ground
Definitions of Rain:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'rain' as word stem):
'rain' + Suffix
rainband, rainbands, rainbird, rainbirds, rainbow, rainbows, raincoat, raincoats, raindrop, raindrops, rained, rainey, rainfall, rainfalls, rainforest, rainforests, rainier, rainiest, rainily, raininess, raining, rainless, rainmaker, rainmakers, rainmaking, rainmakings, rainout, rainouts, rainproof, rainproofed, rainproofing, rainproofs, rains, rainstorm, rainstorms, rainwash, rainwashes, rainwater, rainwaters, rainwear, rainwears, rainy,