Results for 'ride'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: ride
- Irregular verb- like DRIVE/DROVE/DRIVEN
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Sports Vocab
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Ride:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'ride' as word stem):
Prefix + 'ride'
anhydride, astride, bemegride, bestride, bichloride, boride, bourride, bride, chloride, debride, deride, deuteride, dichloride, disaccharide, ephemeride, fluoride, glyceride, gride, hagride, hayride, hexachloride, hydride, hydrochloride, isomeride, joyride, mcbride, meralluride, monosaccharide, nitride, oligosaccharide, outride, override, overstride, oxychloride, perchloride, polysaccharide, pride, saccharide, silicofluoride, steride, stride, subchloride, telluride, tetrachloride, tetrasaccharide, trichloride, triglyceride, trisaccharide,
'ride' + Suffix
rideable, rident, rider, riderless, riders, ridership, riderships, rides,