Results for 'river'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: river
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Concrete Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- We use THE with this word or in phrases containing it
Definitions of River:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'river' as word stem):
Prefix + 'river'
arriver, cabdriver, codriver, contriver, depriver, deriver, downriver, driver, nondriver, screwdriver, shriver, striver, thriver, upriver,
'river' + Suffix
riverain, riverbank, riverbanks, riverbed, riverbeds, riverboat, riverboats, riverderci, riverfrona, riverfront, riverine, riverines, riverless, rivers, riverside, riversides,