Results for 'shop'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: shop
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Countable Noun
- Concrete Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Shop:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'shop' as word stem):
Prefix + 'shop'
archbishop, bakeshop, barbershop, bishop, bookshop, cookshop, dramshop, grogshop, hockshop, intrashop, pawnshop, sweatshop, teashop, toyshop, tuckshop, wineshop, workshop,
'shop' + Suffix
shopboy, shopboys, shopbreak, shopbreaker, shope, shopes, shopgirl, shopgirls, shophar, shophars, shophroth, shopkeeper, shopkeepers, shopkeeping, shoplift, shoplifted, shoplifter, shoplifters, shoplifting, shoplifts, shopman, shopmen, shoppe, shopped, shopper, shoppers, shoppes, shopping, shoppings, shoppy, shops, shopsoiled, shoptalk, shoptalks, shopwalker, shopworn,