Results for 'spring'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: spring
- Calendar Vocabulary
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- Weather Vocab
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like RING/RANG/RUNG
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Spring:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'spring' as word stem):
Prefix + 'spring'
bedspring, hairspring, handspring, headspring, innerspring, mainspring, offspring, respring, upspring, wellspring,
'spring' + Suffix
springal, springals, springboard, springboards, springbok, springboks, springe, springed, springeing, springer, springers, springes, springfield, springhead, springheads, springhouse, springier, springiest, springiness, springing, springless, springlet, springlike, springs, springtail, springtime, springwood, springy,