Results for 'stay'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: stay
- Don't change the letter Y when adding -S or -ED
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- A verb describes an action or a state
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Stay:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'stai' as word stem):