Results for 'still'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: still
- Adverb of time
- Adverbs can modify Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, Pronouns and whole Sentences
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Time word
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is used in the Southern States of America
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Still:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'still' as word stem):
Prefix + 'still'
distill, instill, redistill, standstill,
'still' + Suffix
stillage, stillbirth, stillbirthes, stillbirths, stillborn, stilled, stiller, stillers, stillest, stillicide, stillier, stilliest, stilling, stillman, stillmen, stillness, stillnesses, stills, stilly,