Results for 'street'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: street
- Countable Noun
- Concrete Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is used in Geordie (spoken in and around Newcastle, England)
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Street:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'street' as word stem):
Prefix + 'street'
backstreet, bystreet, longstreet,
'street' + Suffix
streetcar, streetcars, streeters, streetlight, streets, streetwalk, streetwalker, streetwalkers, streetwalking, streetwise,