Results for 'than'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: than
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- MORE and LESS are used with all adjectives of three syllables or longer to make the comparative form
- MOST and LEAST are used with all adjectives of three syllables or longer to make the superlative form
- MORE and LESS are used with many adjectives of two syllables to make the comparative form
- MOST and LEAST are used with many adjectives of two syllables to make the superlative form
- We can say DIFFERENT FROM, TO or THAN
- We talk of the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN things
- We use FROM after the verb DIFFER
Definitions of Than:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'than' as word stem):
Prefix + 'than'
elizabethan, ethan, jonathan, leviathan, nathan, urethan, xanthan,
'than' + Suffix
thana, thanadar, thanage, thanages, thanatobiologic, thanatognomonic, thanatoid, thanatologies, thanatology, thanatomania, thanatophidia, thanatophobia, thanatopsies, thanatopsy, thanatos, thanatoses, thane, thanes, thank, thanked, thanker, thankers, thankful, thankfuller, thankfullest, thankfully, thankfulness, thankfulnesses, thanking, thankless, thanklessly, thanklessness, thanks, thanksgiving, thanksgivings, thankyou,