Results for 'those'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: those
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- This & That = Singular These & Those = Plural
- Articles, Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers and Numbers can be used as Determiners
- Determiners restrict a noun, by making it specific, indicating ownership or number, etc
- Pronouns replace nouns and noun phrases to reduce repetition
- As a pronoun, it usually refers backwards to something mentioned earlier
- As a determiner, it usually refers to a noun that has been mentioned earlier
Definitions of Those:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'those' as word stem):
Prefix + 'those'