Results for 'through'
- Length: 7 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: through
- Usually followed by a gerund rather than an infinitive
- Prepositions connect words together
- If a preposition isn't connecting words but modifying one word, as in many phrasal verbs, it can be called a Particle (or an Adverb)
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Through on goal
Definitions of Through:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'through' as word stem):
Prefix + 'through'
breakthrough, therethrough, wherethrough,
'through' + Suffix
throughout, throughput, throughway, throughways,