Results for 'tree'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: tree
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- Term used in linguistics
- Term used in the theatre
- Term used in botany
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Concrete Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Tree:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'tree' as word stem):
Prefix + 'tree'
axletree, bourtree, crosstree, doubletree, entree, entrée, greentree, gumtree, manteltree, peachtree, peppertree, rooftree, saddletree, shoetree, singletree, subtree, swingletree, trestletree, upastree, whiffletree,
'tree' + Suffix
treed, treehopper, treehoppers, treeing, treelawn, treeless, treelessness, treelike, treen, treenail, treenails, treens, treenware, trees, treetop, treetops,