Results for 'wait'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: wait
- Intransitive Verb
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Wait:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'wait' as word stem):
Prefix + 'wait'
await, kuwait, outwait,
'wait' + Suffix
waited, waiter, waiters, waiting, waitings, waitress, waitresses, waits,