Results for 'want'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: want
- Rarely used in -ING forms
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- Norse loan word
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Want:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'want' as word stem):
Prefix + 'want'
avowant, seawant, unwant,
'want' + Suffix
wantage, wantages, wanted, wanter, wanters, wanting, wanton, wantoned, wantoner, wantoners, wantoning, wantonly, wantonness, wantonnesses, wantons, wants,