Results for 'watch'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: watch
- Concrete Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Time vocab
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- Weather Vocab
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Watch:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'watch' as word stem):
Prefix + 'watch'
deathwatch, dogwatch, doomwatch, midwatch, outwatch, overwatch, stopwatch, swatch, unwatch, wristwatch,
'watch' + Suffix
watchband, watchbands, watchcase, watchcases, watchcries, watchcry, watchdo, watchdog, watchdogged, watchdogging, watchdogs, watched, watcher, watchers, watches, watcheye, watcheyes, watchful, watchfully, watchfulness, watchfulnesses, watching, watchings, watchmaker, watchmakers, watchmaking, watchman, watchmen, watchout, watchouts, watchstrap, watchstraps, watchtower, watchtowers, watchwoman, watchwomen, watchword, watchwords,