Results for 'wear'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: wear
- Irregular verb- like WEAR/WORE/WORN
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Wearing the armband; Swear Words
Definitions of Wear:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'wear' as word stem):
Prefix + 'wear'
antiwear, eyewear, footwear, foreswear, forswear, knitwear, menswear, neckwear, nightwear, outswear, outwear, overwear, playwear, rainwear, skiwear, sportswear, swear, swimwear, townwear, underwear, unswear, workwear,
'wear' + Suffix
wearability, wearable, wearables, wearer, wearers, wearied, wearier, wearies, weariest, weariful, weariless, wearilessly, wearily, weariness, wearinesses, wearing, wearingly, wearish, wearisome, wearisomely, wearisomeness, wearproof, wears, weary, wearying, wearyingly,