Results for 'with'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: with
- Usually followed by a gerund rather than an infinitive
- Prepositions connect words together
- If a preposition isn't connecting words but modifying one word, as in many phrasal verbs, it can be called a Particle (or an Adverb)
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of With:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'with' as word stem):
Prefix + 'with'
forthwith, herewith, outwith, swith, therewith, wherewith,
'with' + Suffix
withal, withdraw, withdrawable, withdrawal, withdrawals, withdrawer, withdrawers, withdrawing, withdrawn, withdrawnness, withdraws, withdrew, withe, withed, wither, withered, witherer, witherers, withering, witheringly, withernam, withers, withes, withheld, withhold, withholder, withholders, withholding, withholdings, withholds, withier, withies, withiest, within, withing, withins, without, withouts, withstand, withstander, withstanding, withstands, withstood, withy,