Results for 'yard'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: yard
- Weight or Measure
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A word or term used by the transportation industry
- Term used in borrowing and loaning money
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
18 yard box
; From 12 yards; Six yard box
Definitions of Yard:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'yard' as word stem):
Prefix + 'yard'
backyard, barnyard, bayard, beeyard, boatyard, boneyard, boyard, brickyard, churchyard, coalyard, courtyard, deeryard, dockyard, dooryard, farmyard, foreyard, freightyard, graveyard, halyard, haulyard, junkyard, kailyard, kaleyard, lanyard, lumberyard, lyard, meteyard, rudyard, saleyard, savoyard, schoolyard, shipyard, steelyard, stockyard, switchyard, tanyard, tiltyard, timberyard, vineyard, willyard, woodyard,
'yard' + Suffix
yardage, yardages, yardarm, yardarms, yardbird, yardbirds, yarded, yarding, yardings, yardland, yardman, yardmaster, yardmasters, yardmen, yards, yardstick, yardsticks, yardwand, yardwands, yardwork,