Results for 'yellow'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: yellow
- Colour / Color
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Inchoative verbs describe a change of state or appearance
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Related Glossary Definitions:
On a yellow card; Yellow card
Definitions of Yellow:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'yellow' as word stem):
'yellow' + Suffix
yellowbellied, yellowbellies, yellowbelly, yellowbird, yellowbirds, yellowed, yellower, yellowest, yellowhammer, yellowhammers, yellowhead, yellowheads, yellowing, yellowish, yellowknife, yellowlegs, yellowly, yellowness, yellows, yellowstone, yellowtail, yellowtails, yellowweed, yellowwood, yellowwort, yellowy,