Results for 'young'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: young
- Human being
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Name of an asteroid
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is a common first name
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- A term used in Ebonics, African American Vernacular English (AAVE)
- This is the name for a baby animal
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectival Noun
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Definitions of Young:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'young' as word stem):
'young' + Suffix
youngberries, youngberry, younger, youngers, youngest, youngish, youngling, younglings, youngly, youngs, youngster, youngsters, youngstown,