Getting your student or students to talk about their daily routines is a good way to introduce or review the simple present tense. For homework, you could get your students to describe a typical day in their life or that of their father, mother, or friend. They can start off using these examples, "I get at 7 am. I dress. I eat breakfast." Here's a questionnaire I give my students to get them to think about their daily routines.
1. What time do you get up in the morning?
2. How long does it take you to dress?
3. What time do you have breakfast?
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
5. What time do you have lunch?
6. What time do you have dinner?
7. How many hours in a day do you study English?
8. Where do you do your homework?
9. How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?
10. What time do you go to bed?
Categories: Lesson Plans & Handouts