How good is the public transport where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Topic: How good is the public transport where you live?

I think the public transport are well developed here because there are many bus stops around almost every estate. Take my estate as an example, I can get to 3 different bus stops within 10-minute walking distance, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the downtown. Also, the frequent of bus and railway service is high; the interval for most bus services are 5-15 minutes and the interval for railway services are 1-2 minutes during rush hours.
The population is high here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck in a bus for one and a half hour. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is out of order, many people could be stuck in a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company would arrange shuttle bus services for affected passengers to transfer to other normal stations.

Last edited:

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I think [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] public transport [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is well developed here because there are many bus stops around almost every [STRIKE]estate[/STRIKE] neighborhood. Take my estate [STRIKE]as an[/STRIKE] for example, I can get to 3 different bus stops within 10-minute walking distance, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get [STRIKE]to the[/STRIKE] downtown. Also, the frequentcy of bus and railway service is high; the interval for most bus services are 5-15 minutes and the interval for railway services are 1-2 minutes during rush hours.
The population is high here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on a bus for [STRIKE]one and a half hour[/STRIKE] an hour and a half. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is [STRIKE]out of order[/STRIKE] not running, many people could be stuck in a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company would arrange shuttle bus services for affected passengers to transfer to other l[STRIKE]norma[/STRIKE] stations.

A few suggestions.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

[STRIKE]I think the[/STRIKE] Public transport [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is well-developed here [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] - there are many bus stops around almost every estate. Take my estate as an example. [STRIKE]I can get to 3[/STRIKE] There are three different bus stops within a [STRIKE]10[/STRIKE] ten-minute [STRIKE]walking distance[/STRIKE] walk, and it only takes me 30 minutes to get [STRIKE]to the[/STRIKE] downtown. Also, the frequency of bus and railway service is high; the interval [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] between most bus services [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is 5-15 minutes and the interval [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] between railway services [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is 1-2 minutes during rush [STRIKE]hours[/STRIKE] hour.

The population is [STRIKE]high[/STRIKE] large here so traffic congestion happens very often. I remember once I was stuck [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on a bus for [STRIKE]one and a half hour[/STRIKE] an hour and a half. Sometimes, when part of the railway service is out of order, many people [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can be stuck [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at a station. The station becomes very stuffy and hot with lots of people, especially in summer. Luckily, in those cases, the railway company [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] arranges shuttle bus services for affected passengers, to transfer them to other [STRIKE]normal[/STRIKE] stations.

See above.

(Cross-posted)

Edit: As you can see, we both changed "one and a half hour" to "an hour and a half". Our version is much more colloquial. However, if you really want to keep your word order, you need to use "hours" at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.