Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It is a participial phrase with "word power" modified by "made easy". What is there to work out?

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
It is a participial phrase with "word power" modified by "made easy". What is there to work out?
I think the structure in "Word Power Made Easy" is like it in "All rights reserved".

We take "All rights reserved" to mean "All rights (are) reserved", so how about "Word Power Made Easy"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I had to lengthen the book title into a complete sentence, it would be "In this book, we have made word power easy for you". If you want a longer sentence, but with the words in the same order as the title, then "This book contains information about word power, and we have made it easy for you to understand".

Edit: Here's a third one. "The subject of word power has been made easy to understand by the authors of this book". This is closer to your example c) in post #1.

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thank you both. :)

If I had to lengthen the book title into a complete sentence, it would be "In this book, we have made word power easy for you". If you want a longer sentence, but with the words in the same order as the title, then "This book contains information about word power, and we have made it easy for you to understand".

Edit: Here's a third one. "The subject of word power has been made easy to understand by the authors of this book". This is closer to your example c) in post #1.

And now I know there is no need to add "the" before "word power". I assume that this is because not any specific but all word power made easy.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you both. :)

And now I know there is no need to add "the" before "word power". I assume that this is because not any specific but all word power made easy.

Word power is a subject. You don't say "the maths made easy".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I took it as a skill. :-?

I'd take the title to be bullsh*t. All promises to solve learning a language in a few weeks are IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.