Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Ireland
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with the text translation from French to English. Here is the text:

Biorgane combines the essential oils of rosewood and geranium for their subtle and delicate flavor with argan oil (7%). The shower cream turns into a fine, creamy foam. It is nutritious with a high percentage of argan oil. Your skin is soft, nourished and lightly scented! Gentle formula, designed to use for all family.

Can anyone point out any errors or mistakes. Thanks in advance.

Jimny

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with the text translation from French to English. Here is the text:

Biorgane combines the essential oils of rosewood and geranium, known for their subtle and delicate [STRIKE]flavor[/STRIKE] scent, with argan oil (7%). The shower cream[STRIKE] turns into[/STRIKE] creates a fine, creamy foam. It is nutritious with a high percentage of argan oil. Your skin is soft, nourished and lightly scented! Gentle formula, designed [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for use [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] by all the family.

Can anyone point out any errors or mistakes. Thanks in advance.

Jimny

I've made some amendments above. Unless people are planning to eat it (not a good idea) then you don't want to use "flavour"! I have the same issue a little bit with "It is nutritious" because we normally use that to describe food. It can be used to describe things that nourish the skin but here it sounds a little out of place.

shannico

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I've put a couple of sentences together. I thought it might read a little bit better that way.

Biorgane combines the subtle and delicate scent of rosewood and geranium essential oils with the nourishing properties of argan oil.
This shower cream will turn into a fine creamy lather, thus leaving your skin soft, moisturised (nourished) and pleasantly/lightly scented. Its gentle formula is suitable/ideal for all types of skin (in the whole family).

Hope it works.

jimny

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Ireland
Many thanks for your help emsr2d2! I think I may have some more text to be changed after I read your comments...

Thanks shannico for your suggestions too. :)

BTW: How can I send private messages on this Forum?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You CAN click on a username and it will give you the option to send a private message if that person has chosen to receive them.

However, please don't contact individual members to ask further questions or to ask for private help. That is the point of the forum - it is to your advantage to get lots of responses. Also, even though it's polite, please don't contact users just to say "Thank you" or something similar. You can post that here or just click the "Like" button on the relevant response.

You may well have a totally different aim with a private message but just in case you were planning one of the above, this post might save you the effort.

Also, if you do have further text to change or correct, please post it in a new thread, not in this one.

Thanks.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You do need to have submitted a certain number of messages before you can send a private message. I can't remember whether it's 10 or 15.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You do need to have submitted a certain number of messages before you can send a private message. I can't remember whether it's 10 or 15.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware of that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.