Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hi guys, i want to ask about the exact definition of "Indirect help from spouse". Does it mean money or psychological support?

Thx

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi guys, I want to ask about the exact definition of "Indirect help from spouse". Does it mean money or psychological support?

Thx

It depends on the context. On a government form, for instance, money is usually considered direct support. Psychological help might be direct or indirect - again, depending on the context.

sgocoid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
It depends on the context. On a government form, for instance, money is usually considered direct support. Psychological help might be direct or indirect - again, depending on the context.

The context is based from wife - husband relation or in marriage relationship. So any clue?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's impossible to say. Who said it? What were the surrounding sentences?

In addition to Mike's correction of your uncapitalised "I" in post #1, note that we discourage the use of chatlish/textspeak on this forum. "thx" is not a word. Please write "Thanks".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The context is based from wife - husband relation or in marriage relationship. So any clue?

Not really- they could help each other in many ways and without further context it is unclear what the support is or why it's indirect.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I always wondered what Thx meant. Thanks!

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

No, sorry. Just use whichever makes more sense to you.

sgocoid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Sorry for late reply. I got the word from here

The person is easily swayed by external circumstances. In the deepest part of the person, the person is not willing to experience loneliness, so his wish will be to follow the opportunities that the world has to offer for him. After marriage, the person will receive indirect help from the spouse, however, this does not guarantee that the marriage will be smooth. This is because when the external fortune is better, there will be chances for encountering people for romantic affairs.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Unless this person has access to context we haven't seen, this is simply someone making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.