Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Title : An incandescent light bulb

An incandescent light bulb is a device that produces light by placing a thin line made of carbon or tungsten in a glass sphere, and then allowing current to flow.
The inventor of the light bulb was Thomas Addison.
An incandescent light bulb serves to illuminate a dark place.
Characteristic is that incandescent bulbs glow as the filament heats up.
If you leave the light bulb on for a long time, the heat from the filament heats up.
The closer you get to the light bulb, the warmer it is, and the farther away it is, the less warm it is.
This is because heat is transferred by light from incandescent bulbs.

Let's look at the positive and negative effects of incandescent bulbs.
The positive effect is that LEDs have a long life span.
Although it costs a lot of initial costs, incandescent bulbs are cheap.
This makes it very accessible at a low price.
It is also easy to repair.
Therefore, society tends to prefer incandescent bulbs.
In addition, incandescent bulbs are very easy and suitable for interior design.
Accordingly, incandescent bulbs with various designs are sold.

The next negative effect is that incandescent bulbs are blinding because of their high luminance.
In particular, it is easier to feel eyestrain when working with stands or reading etc.
In addition, incandescent bulbs use filament to make light.
Therefore, this filament has a short life because of its rapid evaporation.

In addition, light bulbs are very hot after using them.
They not only heat themselves but also ambient temperature.
Therefore, the heat loss of incandescent bulbs seems to be significant, as it affects the short life span.
I saw Edison's invention of incandescent light bulbs make people's daily lives much more convenient.
Nowadays, however, people are buying a lot of LED lights because of the short life span of incandescent bulbs.

In contrast, I hope people will find the value of incandescent bulbs with excellent color compared to LEDs and prefer them.
Finally, what I think is most interesting about incandescent bulbs is that when you use them, you just plug them into a socket without needing any extra equipment.
=============================

If you find mistakes, please correct them, especially the underlined ones.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Title : An incandescent light bulb

An incandescent light bulb is a device that produces light by placing a thin [STRIKE]line[/STRIKE] wire made of carbon or tungsten in a glass sphere, and then allowing current to flow through it.
The inventor of the light bulb was Thomas Addison.
An incandescent light bulb serves to illuminate a dark place.
The characteristic is that incandescent bulbs glow as the filament heats up.
If you leave the light bulb on for a long time, the heat from the filament [STRIKE]heats[/STRIKE] builds up.
The closer you get to the light bulb, the warmer it is, and the farther away it is, the less warm it is.
This is because heat is transferred by light from incandescent bulbs.

Let's look at the positive and negative effects (advantages and disavantages/pros and cons) of incandescent bulbs.
The positive effect is that LEDs (LED lights) have a long life span. (Why bring LED in all of a sudden?)
Although it (What is "it"?) costs a lot [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in initial costs, incandescent bulbs are cheap. (This sentence is contradictory)
This makes it very accessible at a low price.
It is also easy to repair. (I don't think incandescent lights are repaired. They are replaced.)
In addition, incandescent bulbs are very easy (for what?) and suitable for interior design.
Accordingly, incandescent bulbs with various designs are[STRIKE] sold. [/STRIKE] available.

The next negative effect is that incandescent bulbs are [STRIKE]blinding [/STRIKE] glaring because of their [STRIKE]high luminance[/STRIKE] brightness.
In particular, it is easier to feel eyestrain when working with stands (?) or reading etc.
In addition, incandescent bulbs use filament to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] produce light.
Therefore, this filament has a short life span because of its rapid evaporation (I don't think the filament, made of tungsten, evaporates. Oxidation?).

In addition, light bulbs are very hot after [STRIKE]using them[/STRIKE] use.
They not only heat themselves but also ambient temperature. (This does not make sense)
Therefore, the heat loss of incandescent bulbs seems to be significant, as it affects the short life span. (This does not make sense)
I saw (were you around during Edison's time?) Edison's invention of incandescent light bulbs makes people's daily lives much more convenient.
Nowadays, however, people are buying a lot of LED lights because of the short life span of incandescent bulbs.

In contrast, I hope people will[STRIKE] find[/STRIKE] appreciate the [STRIKE]value[/STRIKE] merits of incandescent bulbs with their excellent (warmer) colors compared to LEDs and prefer them.
Finally, what I think is most interesting about incandescent bulbs is that when you use them, you just plug them into a socket without needing any extra equipment. (What about LED lights? How do they compare?)
=============================

If you find mistakes, please correct them, especially the underlined ones.

Please see my corrections. emsr2d2 would probably ask you to write in paragraph form.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
emsr2d2 would probably ask you to write in paragraph form.

:up:

Why do you continue to set out your writing in this unnatural way, keannu?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please see my corrections. emsr2d2 would probably ask you to write in paragraph form.

:up:

Why do you continue to set out your writing in this unnatural way, keannu?

The way it's laid out is so unnatural that I'm not even going to attempt to read/correct it.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Keannu, at least here in North America LED's come in a variety of what one might call shades. These shades are technically known as colour temperatures. The coolest are a pale white that strikes many people as artificial or unnatural. Warmer colour temperatures are more similar to natural sunlight or the light from incandescent bulbs.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea

Place a thin line made of carbon or tungsten in a glass hole. Then let the electric current flow here. This completes a light bulb that gives off a sparkle. The inventor of the light bulb was Thomas Addison. An incandescent light bulb serves to illuminate a dark place. The characteristic is that if you leave the light bulb on for a long time, it gets hot because of the heat from the filament. This is because heat is transferred by light from the incandescent bulb.

Let's look at the positive and negative effects(advantages and disadvantages/pros and cons) of incandescent bulbs. First of all, the positive effect is that incandescent bulbs are much cheaper than LEDs. Therefore, it is very accessible and easy to repair at a low price. Therefore, society tends to prefer incandescent bulbs.
In addition, incandescent bulbs are effective in providing interior effects. Accordingly, incandescent bulbs with various designs are available. Next, the negative effect is that incandescent bulbs have brightness. Therefore, there is a disadvantage that it is glaring. In particular, it is easier to feel eye strain when working with a desk lamp. In addition, incandescent bulbs use a filament to produce light. Therefore, this filament has a short life span because of its rapid oxidation.

I saw people using incandescent bulbs until a few years ago. Nowadays, however, people are buying LED lights. In contrast, I hope people will appreciate the merits of incandescent bulbs with their excellent (warmer) colors compared to LEDs and prefer them. Finally, what's interesting about incandescent bulbs is that when you use them, you just plug them into a socket without needing any extra equipment

===========================================
I created a new writing according to your advice, and if you still find some mistakes, please correct them, especially the underlined parts.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You've still got the name of the inventor of the lightbulb wrong. 5jj pointed that out in post #3.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The name of the inventor is Thomas Alva Edison. The filament heats up, producing light. (Edison also invented the phonograph as well as many other things.) You used it to refer to a plural noun. I don't understand the underlined part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I guess by "society" you mean "people".

In addition, incandescent bulbs are effective in providing interior effects.

I don't know what you mean by that.

Accordingly, incandescent bulbs with various designs are available.

Do you mean they make bulbs that fit in the fixture you have?

Next, the negative effect is that incandescent bulbs have brightness.

Brightness is not considered a negative.

Therefore, there is a disadvantage that it is glaring.

I guess you mean to say that glare can be a problem. (Do you know what to do about that?)

In particular, it is easier to feel eye strain when working with a desk lamp.

I guess you mean eye strain is more likely in that case. (Do you know why that is?)

We generally use the word " easier" to describe something we consider a positive.

In addition, incandescent bulbs use a filament to produce light.

That's not in addition to anything. It's one of its main features.

Therefore, this filament has a short lifespan because of its rapid oxidation.

Compared to what?

Status
Not open for further replies.