Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I'm preparing to my A-level exam in May so I'm going to use with your help. :-D
Could I please you check the following letter?

Dear Marta,
I hope you're doing well. I want to share with you last news.
I still live in London. I'm studing and waiting on my last exam. If I'll take the exam I'll have degree.
So I've devoted a lot of time to learning. I'd like finish a university and see you. When I'll pass the exam I'll come back to Poland.
The second thing to tell you is about my new friend. I met him three months ago and He became my the best friend in London. He's from Scotland. When I heard him the first time I couldn't understand him. His accent is very strange. But I thought that there's no harm in a way of speaking so I tried talk with him. The first attempt was very embarrassing. But a few minutes later I knew what he said. I was beginning to talk with him. We told about a culture and history of Scotland. In the future I hope to visit Scotland. When he'll come back to his home I'll can visit him and stay in Scotland in other to visit that the beautiful country.

I'm looking forward to hear you.

So I know, My imagine friend Marta will be very unlucky because she must reading my letters. But one day My letters will become a good and she'll be happy when she gave letter for me. :cool:

And I think that It's better than my last letter.
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/232054-Letter-to-friend
The teacher at my school told me that I have problems with articles so I've learnt about articles but I have to read more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Marta,

I hope you're doing well. I want to share my news with you. [STRIKE]last news.[/STRIKE]
I still live in London. I'm studying and waiting [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] for my last exam. If [STRIKE]I'll take[/STRIKE] I pass the exams, I'll have a degree. So I've devoted a lot of time to learning. I'd like to finish university and see you (as soon as possible). When [STRIKE]I'll[/STRIKE] I pass the exam, I'll come back to Poland.

The second thing to tell you is about my new friend. I met him three months ago, and he became my the best friend in London. He's from Scotland. When I heard him the first time, I couldn't understand him. His accent is very strange. But I thought that there's no harm in his way of speaking, so I tried talking with him. The first attempt was very embarrassing. But a few minutes later, I knew what he was saying. [STRIKE] said. I was beginning to talk with him.[/STRIKE] We [STRIKE]told[/STRIKE] talked about the culture and history of Scotland. In the future, I hope to visit Scotland. [STRIKE]When he'll come back to his home I'll[/STRIKE] My Scottish friend has told me that I can visit him [STRIKE]and stay[/STRIKE] in Scotland and stay in his house. [STRIKE] in other[/STRIKE] Now, I'm really looking forward to visiting that the beautiful country.

[STRIKE]I'm looking forward[/STRIKE] Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Milczek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Thank you very much ! I made a few stupid mistakes. I must learning more and more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.