Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Would you please help me correct the following writing for grammars, vocabularies, ...
---------------------------
Some people believe that international tourists should pay higher prices to visit important sites and cultural heritages. Personally, I do not disagree with this point of view for a variety of reasons.

In some countries such as Vietnam and Cambodia, historical and cultural places are supported by the state subsidies by taxes which levied directly from local citizens. Since governments are sufficient enough to maintain the constructions, foreign tourists being asked to pay more in order to explore in the historical and cultural sites therefore would be a shortsighted view. Furthermore, as tourists visit a new country, they have already been required to pay for a wide range of services such as goods, accommodation, travel, and so on. I believe that governments and inhabitants should all be happy to subsidy those sites and encourage people all the world to come and enjoy the national heritages.

If the international tourists were asked to pay more, that perhaps would resist them to come to experience to the attractions. In addition, increasing the number of visitors for those places will obviously be the best approach to promote the nation's cultural heritages to the world. For example, entrance tickets at national war museum should be equal for both local and international visitors in order to encourage them to visit and understand more about history of a nation. If the foreign tourists stop visiting, governments and related departments will lose a large amount of funds that support, maintain and reconstruct old heritage buildings which are being preserved for next generations.

In conclusion, I believe that it would be counterproductive to ask foreign visitors to pay more than the local visitors.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Would you please help me correct any mistakes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling?

Is this a class assignment?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"I do not disagree" is rather an awkward way to say "I agree" (if that's what you meant).

dcintel

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Say:

Would you please help me correct any mistakes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling?

Is this a class assignment?

It is not class assignment. I am just learning writing an essay

dcintel

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
"I do not disagree" is rather an awkward way to say "I agree" (if that's what you meant).
It was my mistake. I meant: I disagree/I do not agree

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It is not class assignment. I am just learning [STRIKE]writing[/STRIKE] to write an essay.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Some people believe that international tourists should pay higher prices to visit important [STRIKE]sites and cultural heritages[/STRIKE] historical and cultural sites. Personally, I do not disagree with this point of view [STRIKE]for a variety of [/STRIKE] various reasons.

In some countries such as Vietnam and Cambodia, historical and cultural places are supported by [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] state subsidies, [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] derived from taxes [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] levied directly[STRIKE] from [/STRIKE] on local citizens. Since the governments are [STRIKE]sufficient enough to maintain[/STRIKE] have allocated the funds for the constructions, foreign tourists being asked to pay more [STRIKE]in order to explore in [/STRIKE] to enter the historical and cultural sites therefore would, I consider, be a shortsighted [STRIKE]view[/STRIKE] step. [STRIKE]Furthermore, as tourists visit a new country, they have [/STRIKE] Foreign tourists to a new country are already [STRIKE]been[/STRIKE] required to pay for a wide range of [STRIKE]services[/STRIKE] items such as services, [STRIKE]goods[/STRIKE] purchases, accommodation, travel, and so on. I believe that governments and [STRIKE]inhabitants [/STRIKE] the locals [STRIKE]should all be [/STRIKE] are happy to [STRIKE]subsidy[/STRIKE] subsidize the costs of [STRIKE][STRIKE]those [/STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] historical and cultural sites [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] which would encourage/provide the incentive for people all over the world to come and enjoy [STRIKE]the national heritages [/STRIKE] them.​

If [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] international tourists were asked to pay more to visit the places, [STRIKE]that perhaps[/STRIKE] it would [STRIKE]resist[/STRIKE] discourage them to come to experience[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] the attractions. In addition, increasing the number of visitors [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to those places will obviously be the best approach to promote the nation's cultural heritages to the world. For example, the entrance tickets [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] to the National War Museum should be [STRIKE]equal[/STRIKE] the same for both local and international visitors in order to encourage them to visit and understand more about the history of[STRIKE] a[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]nation[/STRIKE] country. If there is a drop in [STRIKE][STRIKE]the[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] foreign tourist[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]stop[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]visiting[/STRIKE] arrivals, governments and related departments will stand to lose a large amount of [STRIKE]funds[/STRIKE] revenue that[STRIKE] support,[/STRIKE] maintain and reconstruct old heritage buildings which are being preserved for [STRIKE]next[/STRIKE] future generations.​

In conclusion, I believe that it would be counterproductive (not be beneficial in the long term) to [STRIKE]ask[/STRIKE] require foreign visitors to pay more for entrance to historical and cultural sites than the local visitors.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
RubyRowe, you have two identical posts in two different threads. Unfortunately, neither is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.