Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
It is a memo of my business trip to Paris (Pahhi, difficult French pronunciation of r). This is what my english side of the brain has spit it out. Wrong words/sentenses?
I picked up a plane that lands at CDC at 4am for the first time, I think this worked for Jet-lag. Spend last part of the flight sleeping and got sun in the morning corrected your clock.
I thought my iPhone 4S would work with an Orange SIM sold locally in Paris, but It’s a shame that the 4S is SIM locked and a portable wi-fi router costs 400euro, if you wanna use a prepaid SIM… I should have bought a router before I leave… anything that works with 3G, like “Pocket Wi-Fi”.
I went to a French restaurant by the Odeon theatre, I liked the atmosphere there, the food was delicious and the Beaujolais Nouveau was also good. I definitely wanna go back to the place again.

Thanks, from Paris.

Tack

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
What do you want?

It was kind of rude to throw in a note to be corrected in anything you like.
Sorry, bit too much to ask for:-D

I have to look for a place there you get corrected for few bucks like using paypal. How about having that function in UE? so you get paid.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]It[/STRIKE]This is a memo of my business trip to Paris (Pahhi, difficult French pronunciation of "r"). This is what [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the English side of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my brain has [STRIKE]spit it[/STRIKE] spat out. Are there any wrong words/sentences?

For the first time, I picked up a plane that lands at CDG at 4am. [STRIKE]for the first time,[/STRIKE] I think this [STRIKE]worked for[/STRIKE] helped to avoid[STRIKE]Jet-lag[/STRIKE] jetlag. Spent last part of the flight sleeping and got sun in the morning - corrected [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] my body clock.

I thought my iPhone 4S would work with an Orange SIM sold locally in Paris, but it’s a shame that the 4S is SIM locked and a portable wi-fi router costs 400euro if you [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to use a prepaid SIM. I should have bought a router before I [STRIKE]leave[/STRIKE] left,[STRIKE]anything[/STRIKE] something that works with 3G, like “Pocket Wi-Fi”.

I went to a French restaurant by the Odeon theatre. I liked the atmosphere there, the food was delicious and the Beaujolais Nouveau was also good. I definitely [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to go back to the place again.

Thanks, from Paris.

I have assumed that you meant that this was a set of brief notes just to remind yourself of what you did in Paris and that it wasn't meant to be a full piece of writing with complete sentences etc. If it was meant to contain full sentences, then there would be more corrections than I have shown above. I was confused by the fact that some of it was written in full sentences and some in note form. Whatever this piece of writing is, you need to decide what sort of construction to use.

Tack

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Whatever this piece of writing is, you need to decide what sort of construction to use.

Thank you so much.
I have to work on using a consistent construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.