Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi, XXX-- and I’m writing to express my gratitude for actively and constructively contributing to the writing course titled “Academic Essay.” I really enjoyed being in your classes and I found them useful and worthwhile. I appreciate you for all the hard work you put in. As a teacher, you have a busy life; yet you are happy spending your free limited time giving a great service to learners, you are pretty kind. Once again, thank you for helping learners obtain a quality education. I’m very grateful for your interest in improving students’ English.

Would check that letter for any mistakes?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, XXX. [STRIKE]-- an[/STRIKE]d

I’m writing to express my gratitude for your active[STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE] and constructive[STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]contributing[/STRIKE] contribution to the writing course titled “Academic Essay.” I really enjoyed being in your classes and I found them useful and worthwhile. I appreciate [STRIKE]you for[/STRIKE] all the hard work you put in. As a teacher, you have a busy life, yet you are happy [STRIKE]spending[/STRIKE] to spend your limited free [STRIKE]limited[/STRIKE] time giving a great service to learners. You are [STRIKE]pretty[/STRIKE] very kind.

Once again, thank you for helping learners obtain a quality education. I’m very grateful for your interest in improving students’ English.

Would you check that letter for any mistakes?

See above. Note that saying something is "pretty + adjective" is not really a compliment in most cases. It's like saying "You're sort of kind" or "Do I think you're kind? Hmm, yes and no".

Status
Not open for further replies.