Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Please check the below sentences for any grammatical errors.

I was also one of the victims among millions of people during the deluge on 26 July 2005 at Mumbai. This was happened when I was returned to my home along with my colleagues in a company vehicle around 5:00pm. We were stranded on the road since flood occupied entire roadway. We were on the road until next day 11:00am. We were unable to get even water or supper to control our ravenous. I couldn't sleep whole night, I also forced to out from the vehicle due to snoring of my colleagues. I was standing into the water and remembered that famous quotes of a great poet Samuel Taylor, while who was travelled in a deep ocean, "Water water everywhere...Nor any drop to drink".

This is one of the most indelibly moment in my life.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I was also one of the victims among millions of people during the deluge on 26 July 2005 [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in Mumbai. This [STRIKE]was [/STRIKE]happened when I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] returned[STRIKE] to my[/STRIKE] home along with my colleagues in a company vehicle around 5:00pm. We were stranded on the road since [STRIKE]flood occupied entire roadway[/STRIKE] all the roads were flooded. We were stuck on the road until the next day at 11:00 am. We were unable to get even water or [STRIKE]supper[/STRIKE] food to[STRIKE] control our ravenous[/STRIKE] appease our hunger. I couldn't sleep the whole night,[STRIKE] I also forced to out from the vehicle [/STRIKE]due to snoring of my colleagues. I was standing into the water and remembered that famous quote[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]of [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE] the great poet, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, [STRIKE]while who was travelled in a deep ocean[/STRIKE]in "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"- "Water, water, everywhere...nor any drop to drink".

This is one of the most indelib[STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE]e moments in my life.

not a teacher

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Nice work Ted.

A couple of small points. "I was standing in the water" is correct. You cannot stand into something.

Also, it is better to make the tenses agree. "I was standing in the the water and remembering ..." Or "As I stood in the water I remembered ...".

To be fair, that small error belongs not to you but to the OP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.