Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Hi:

I've written a pretty short book review and need some help. I have summer brake right now, therefore I can't ask my english teacher for help.

Can you please read trough it and give me feedback?

How is my grammatic?

How is my vocabulary?

…?

Thanks in advance?

Here's my text:

Book review

Title: Snapshot
Author: Robert Swindells
Date of publication: 2005
Number of pages: 57
Genre: Adventure, Action

Have you ever been witnesses for a crime? Or caused someone else’s death?
If not, there’s a boy who’ve experienced these things and much more, Victor. He is the main character and the hero in this book. This young boy lives with his parents, and is the only child in his family. No brother, no sisters. A typical thing with Victor is that he loves to take pictures. He has been trying to raise money for a camera for almost a whole year, but that came to an end on his birthday.
This book begins very happy and positive. A cheerful teenager opening his presents without knowing that his life would change to an entire nightmare, in less than 24 hours.
Victor didn’t mean to get involved. He didn’t want any trouble. But it was enough with a quick click for all this to happen. Now criminals are chasing him and they are prepared to do anything to get his photos, even to kill.
Will Victor manage to put things right, without getting injured?
This book takes place in/on a few different environments, for example an apartment and around the town. However the book’s story isn’t that long. It’s set for about 24 hours, from the beginning to the end.
This book is, in my opinion pretty good and have many benefits but also some downsides.
The benefits is the exciting and clear story, it contains different environments and the language. The book is written in an informal everyday language, not a super advanced English language. If so it would’ve boring to read it and you won’t get any fluency/flow. This makes the book good for English learners, maybe not native English speakers (they would probably have chosen a bigger book with a bit more advanced language) but those who have English as their second language.
The bad thing with the book is the short story, but on the other hand the book only had about 60 pages, so you can’t expect a very long story.
Overall I liked the book, the language, the story and how it ended.
I would strongly recommend this book for those who want learn English or like adventure/action books. But like I said, the language is pretty easy and the books is very short, so keep that in mind.
The book deserves 4 of 5 stars. I liked it but next time I will go for a more difficult and bigger book.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

I've written a pretty short book review and need some help. I have summer [STRIKE]brake[/STRIKE] break right now, therefore I can't ask my English teacher for help.

Can you please read through it and give me feedback?

How is my [STRIKE]grammatic[/STRIKE] grammar?

How is my vocabulary?

[STRIKE]…?[/STRIKE]

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please look at the corrections I have made to the start of your post.
Are you going to submit this book review to your English teacher when you go back to school after the summer break?

SWE123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Nope, I'am not going to submit this book review to my English teacher after the summer break. Like I said I have summer break now and I don't know what I am going to to in school after the break. But I need to improve my English therefore I've read many kinds of books and written some texts, one of them is this book review. So I would be really thankful if you guys could read through my book review and give me as much feedback as you can, because I don't have someone else to ask.

So how is my grammar working, etc?

I am 15 years old, BTW.

Thanks in advance!!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Nope[/STRIKE] No, [STRIKE]I'am[/STRIKE] I am/I'm not going to submit this book review to my English teacher after the summer break. Like I said, I have summer break now and I don't know what I am going to [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] do in school after the break. [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] I need to improve my English [STRIKE]therefore[/STRIKE] so I've read many kinds of books and written some texts - one of them is this book review. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I would be really [STRIKE]thankful[/STRIKE] grateful if you guys could read through my book review and give me as much feedback as you can, because I don't have [STRIKE]someone[/STRIKE] anyone else to ask.

So how is my grammar, wording, etc?

I am 15 years old, [STRIKE]BTW[/STRIKE] by the way.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have time to look through your whole book review at the moment. I might have time tomorrow but I'm sure someone else here will be able to make a start on it earlier than that.

SWE123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
I really hope that you could read it, or someone else!!

I would be really grateful ;)

SWE123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Is there anyone who can give me some feedback or I won't learn anything just by writing.

I would be really thankful!:-D

Flogger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it grammatical to say "Can you please read throughout it and give me feedback" ? If it's so then what's the difference between it and the similar sentence written in the original post?

-----------------------------------

@SWE123:

[STRIKE]Have you ever been witnesses for a crime? [/STRIKE]

Have you ever been a witness to a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.