somebody please check my letter and see if it is ok or not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliramezani

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Somebody please edit the below letter to the politest shape.
Thanks.

Dear Dr. [ ],

My name is [ ]. I am student of [ ] from [ ].
I am a junior and will be graduating this June.
for M.S and Ph.D, I am planning to continue my education on a high rank university in USA.
Now for my B.S. project I should present a research at my university in [ ]. I am particularly interested in researching on [ ] and I don’t want to do a simple project but unfortunately at my university, our professors present a simple subject for undergraduate students, therefore I am writing to humbly request your service and expertise to present a good subject and make honor for me to be adviser in my project

I know you’re very busy so I appreciate any time you can give me.
Thank you very much,
Yours Sincerely,

Last edited:

EliseMartel

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Somebody please edit the below letter to the politest shape.
Thanks.

Dear Dr. [ ],

I am a junior and will be graduating this June.
for M.S and Ph.D, I am planning to continue my education on a high rank university in USA.
Now for my B.S. project I should present a research at my university in [ ]. I am particularly interested in researching on [ ] and I don’t want to do a simple project but unfortunately at my university, our professors present a simple subject for undergraduate students, therefore I am writing to humbly request your service and expertise to present a good subject and make honor for me to be adviser in my project

I know you’re very busy so I appreciate any time you can give me.
Thank you very much,
Yours Sincerely,

I hope that this helps you. I don't know the background of your letter, but you should be as specific as possible in telling the Dr. about your interests and the specific degrees that you wish to pursue.

Dear Dr. [ ],

I am a Junior and will be graduating this June (with a degree in...).
for M.S and Ph.D, I am planning to continue my education at a high-ranking university in the US. (I think it would be better to reword this sentence. Try "I am planning to continue my education by pursuing a M.S. and Ph.D at a high ranking university in the US. [Do you know what your degrees will be in? You should include those. You should also include the name of the university you plan on attending if you have already been accepted there]).
Now for my B.S. project I should present a research at my university in [ ]. (You should also reword this. In order to complete my B.S., I must present a research project at my university).
I am particularly interested in researching about [ ]. I want to be able to present a more complex project, but I lack the support of my professors. (I think you should add a one sentence explanation of why you wish to do a harder project. Do you feel that such a project would help you to learn more/become a better student?) Therefore, I am writing to humbly request your service and expertise (this should be expertize, unless you are writing to a Dr. in the UK) to assist me in selecting the best project for my interests and capabilities.

I know you’re very busy, so I appreciate any time you can give me. Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

aliramezani

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks for your kindness!

Status