Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi All, Thanks for using time to read my essay , I welcome negative comments. I would appreciate on how to improve my ideas and horror essay writing than Grammar mistakes

Summary of what happen before : A guy and a women was at a marshland , then the woman saw a stump in the mud and mistaken it as a body. The man decided to have a look and found out that it was just a wood.

I am suppose to continue with a horror story with the following sentence.

Last few lines,
But she was pale. "Let's go back," she said. "A piece of bog oak isn't a body."
He laughed as he tore handfuls of grass to clean the mud from his feet. " Your imagination !" he said. "It even gets me going at times."

She kept quiet and stomped her feet.

"Okay, Okay, " the man answered." Let's go back then."

He held her hand and went.

The scorching sun prostrated their journey. Wondering how long their journey has been. The man look back. Nothing much, just a breeze carrying it's sand. The low bank was barely visible. The view was dreary , nothing odd, just a black stump behind.

"Wait!" he thought " that black stump! "
"I must be seeing things" the man pondered. He fixes his eyes in the front.

A breeze blew, It was cold but it froze the man's spine. He dared another look back. There was nohing to be seen ,but his foot hit something. He looked down, paled, picked his pace and ran.

"Stop ! " the woman cried "what are you doing ? "
"Just Run ! "

Flip-Flop!

She turned to look and her life drained out of her : The stump was chasing them ! "

Upfront, they reached an old mansion. An idea of hiding in it sprung up.

"In here ! "
"No! It's not a good idea!"
""A stump is after us ! What do you want? "
"...."

The man kicked ,the door flung open. They got in and closed the door.

It was dark and cold.

No one could barely see a thing, they loom through the watch hole, the stump was no where to be seen. The man sighed with relief .

"AAAHHH!" the woman shrieked.
"What's the ma...ma...argh! " The man let out a horrified scream, he felt a large claw pinned him onto the door. Grabbing his feet and arms. Desperately to break free, he struggled, but the more he struggled the tighter the claws held.

Thunder roared and lightning stroke..

The room was lightened up, just enough time for them to have a look at the mansion. It was a long hall way, rooms with doors at the side. That's all they managed to see before it was pitch dark again.

Then there was a shrill , harried scream. The doors suddenly threw themselves open. Forms lunged.

Another lightning struck down.

Men in dirty dungarees , Women in faded dresses. Even children, tagging after their parents. And in every hand there was a chunk of wood or a knife. Soulless eyes stared at them, their jaws are broken bearing their hideously sharp teeth.

"BROTHERS AND SISTER ! " " YOUR SOULS"
"KILL ! DEVOUR ! "
"THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! "

Thanks for all of your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all. Thanks for [STRIKE]using[/STRIKE] taking the time to read my essay. I welcome negative comments. I would appreciate your advice on how to improve my ideas and horror essay writing, not just [STRIKE]than[/STRIKE] pointing out grammar mistakes.

Here is a summary of what has already happened [STRIKE]before[/STRIKE] : A guy and a [STRIKE]women[/STRIKE] woman [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were at a marsh[STRIKE]land[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] when the woman saw a stump in the mud and [STRIKE]mistaken[/STRIKE] mistook it [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] for a body. The man decided to have a look and [STRIKE]found out[/STRIKE] realised/discovered that it was just a piece of wood.

I am supposed to continue with a horror story with the following sentence.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is the purpose of this exercise? You said "I am suppose (sic) to continue with a horror story ...". Who is making you do this? Is it an assignment or homework?

Please look at the amendments I made to the beginning of your post above, marked in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.