Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi.I am a teacher.I have problems with intermediate English learners.1) Some of them are fluent,but they have fundamental problems with grammar that are related to elementary levels.They have been stuck in their mind so that they can not get the new n more complicated grammar well.The number of these problems is high,so their talking seems to be hard to understand. 2) Some other students are exactly the opposite of the previous group.What can I do to held them solve their problems?Thanks in advance.:)I am waiting.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What do you mean by fundamental problems? Can you give some examples?

tiam

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
What do you mean by fundamental problems? Can you give some examples?
Hi.I mean problems that are related to elementary levels such as subject-verb agreement,simple present or past.word order...

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
These things often cause problems, and while they may have been taught in elementary levels, it doesn't follow that they will have been fully learned. Subject-verb agreement is a topic that comes up on the forum regularly as it is a tricky area, even at advanced level. It depends on how serious the problems are- you can either hold back on the intermediate stuff and reteach the important points or include them and revise them in the lessons you teach alongside newer material. How are they assessed/tested?

tiam

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
These things often cause problems, and while they may have been taught in elementary levels, it doesn't follow that they will have been fully learned. Subject-verb agreement is a topic that comes up on the forum regularly as it is a tricky area, even at advanced level. It depends on how serious the problems are- you can either hold back on the intermediate stuff and reteach the important points or include them and revise them in the lessons you teach alongside newer material. How are they assessed/tested?
Thanks for response.They are tested exactly the same because I use standard exam of their book for them.Should I do something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.