Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I would appreciate it if someone could correct this:

I have worked for a project financed by local government and managed by University for 4 years. The main objective of this period was to create a network among hospitals and health structures (150) established on the territory and offer them collective contracts in order to access to the electronic journals. It should become a Digital Library.
One of my specific task was the management of funding and the check of the respect of the contracts with editors and publishers.
E-journals are a kind of virtual product and the negotiation of editorial contracts for a consortium was the first problem I had to be solved, and the second was the control of the collections and the usage of them.
As a conseguence, the principal difficult was the information asymmetry during the negotiation phase: it is very important to understand every details of the contract and to have detailed information on the situation of the subscriptions of the consortium’s institutions and their renewals.
I have worked with a special precision in order to create a database with all the data I needed.
This database has avoided the information asymmetry and has helped me to conduct negotiation in the best way. The outcomes were the best prices, e-collections, usage and control.
Another important outcomes was the possibility to find a solution for maintaining e-journals for the future and to join with repository projects.

Thanks,
mgb109

mgb109

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thank you for your help!

Information asymmetry
In economics and contract theory, information asymmetry deals with the study of decisions in transactions where one party has more or better information than the other. This creates an imbalance of power in transactions which can sometimes cause the transactions to go awry.

mgb109:)

Status
Not open for further replies.