Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello teachers, I have been wondering for almost 10 years about these expressions in BSB's songs:

1. get down and move it all around

2. I want it that way. (what way?)

:roll:THX in advance~~~

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Maybe you should continue wondering or use your imagination.

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Get down and move it all around" refers to dancing. When a person "gets down" on the dance floor, it means that he is losing all inhibitions and moving with the music, putting his whole heart into it. "Move it all around" means gyrating various body parts while dancing.

"I want it that way" means that the person speaking wants the other person to be themselves, that that's the type of personality he likes.

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

The singer is telling the girl that he loves her just the way she is, even though she protests that she is too different from him. "I want it that way" in this case means that he appreciates and loves everything about her, including their differences.

caronmi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
"Get down and move it all around" refers to dancing. When a person "gets down" on the dance floor, it means that he is losing all inhibitions and moving with the music, putting his whole heart into it. "Move it all around" means gyrating various body parts while dancing.

"I want it that way" means that the person speaking wants the other person to be themselves, that that's the type of personality he likes.

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

The singer is telling the girl that he loves her just the way she is, even though she protests that she is too different from him. "I want it that way" in this case means that he appreciates and loves everything about her, including their differences.

I thought nobody would reply me and this thread sank already, and I never expected such a specific explanation:-D:-o~ Your answer is so enlightening that I cannot thank you more!:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.