Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi All,

I have to write an email to my supervisor. me and my supervisor had a discussion last friday. I would like to remind him about our discussion and would like to bring some point we discussed on that day.

Can you please help me how to write this email.

Thanks,
Ganesh Babu.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I guess you should give example sentences to be used in your email, then the teachers here will give you suggestions.

Not a teacher.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi [strike]All[/strike] Unnecessary,

I have to write an email to my supervisor. [strike]me and[/strike] My supervisor and I had a discussion last Friday. I would like to remind him about our discussion and would like to bring up some points/a point we discussed on that day.

Can you please help me [strike]how[/strike] [to] write this email.

Thanks,
[strike]Ganesh Babu.[/strike] Unnecessary

Welcome to the forum. Look at the corrections I have made to your post in red. Remember the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns (English, Friday, India, Shakespeare, Microsoft etc).

Matthew Wai is right. Please try to write the email yourself, post it here and then we will look at it.

Gbshri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
My supervisor sent mail to a manager referring me for a project. In that mail, my supervisor kept me in CC. So the manager knows that i am aware of his reference.

I have to ask the manager in a gentle way about the project availability and I want to inform him that i am expecting a call or mail from him.

I am writing a sample mail below, please check it and correct my mistakes.

Hi 'Manager name',

Good evening, I am following up on below mail sent by 'My Supervisor name' regarding project opening. I was expecting a call or mail from you. Please let me know if you need more information about me.

Thanks,

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the manager someone you are friendly with at work?
Don't say "you were expecting a call" - that sounds demanding.

If you know him well:
Hi Mark,
Regarding the project Dave recommended me for (below), please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide. I look forward to posssibly working with you on it.

If you don't know him well:
Hello Mark,
I'm following up on Dave's email below regarding the [name of project] project. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide about myself or my background. I'm excited about the prospect of working on it with you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gbshri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you,

Your reply really helped me :)

Status