Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I have to introduce myself in a meeting, this is what I want to say, can someone please check if it is (more or less) grammatically correct?

"My name is XY,
I have always studied at University XY, I'm taking my Master degree the 20th of December. My master thesis is about prediction gemonic annotation via statistical analysis.
I'm interested in ML, that is a family of techniques for infering knowledge from data, and in SC, which is a set of methods that allows to deal with imprecision, uncertanty and partial truth.
I think that these methods can be very useful in biology where, as far as i know, nothing is certain; within the GC Project I would like to use thiese tecnhiques for analyzing NGS and epigenetic data."

Should i change something??
Thank you very very much!

TinaRyan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have to introduce myself in a meeting, this is what I want to say, can someone please check if it is (more or less) grammatically correct?

I hope I have not gone too far here because you did not request a full editing :-(

Good morning/good afternoon/hello !(or any polite greeting) My name is XY.
On the 20th of December I will be taking my master's degree in XYZ (subject)
at the University XY.

My master's thesis is on Prediction Gemonic Annotation via Statistical Analysis where I....(expand on your thesis a bit, emphasizing points relevant to project)

I'm particularly interested in Mxxxxx Lxxxxx and Sxxxx Cxxxxx,(say the full words not initials) and their application to biological analysis. With
Mxxxxx Lxxxxx being a family of techniques used for inferring knowledge from data and Sxxxx Cxxxxx - a set of methods which allows us to deal with imprecision, uncertainty and partial truth - together I consider these methods to be invaluable in the face of the uncertainties arising in biological analysis.(I'm guessing here)

So - with the strength of these techniques - I would like the opportunity to apply them to the analysis of the NGS and epigenetic data
within the GC Project.

Thank you (always be polite)

Status
Not open for further replies.