Question for a listening comprehension exercise (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teachers,
This is for a listening comprehension exercise for low intermediate students.
If this is what the students will hear: "You're dirty, and hungry, and tired ... and afraid.", is this a suitable question to ask? Is there a better one, a more challenging one?
a) What was Alex's general physical and mental state?

If this is what the students will hear: "He moved quickly and stayed away from towns and villages.", is this a suitable question to ask? Is there a better one, a more challenging one?
b) How did he move and where did he stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

This is for a listening comprehension exercise for low intermediate students.
If this is what the students will hear: "You're dirty, and hungry, and tired ... and afraid.", is this a suitable question to ask? Is there a better one, a more challenging one?
a) What was Alex's general physical and mental state?

Your question is fine and certainly tests their comprehension more than some of the previous examples. However, I'm a bit concerned by the number of times "and" is used. Why not "You're dirty, hungry, tired and afraid"? The repetitive commas and "and"s are a little overwhelming!

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Your question is fine and certainly tests their comprehension more than some of the previous examples. However, I'm a bit concerned by the number of times "and" is used. Why not "You're dirty, hungry, tired and afraid"? The repetitive commas and "and"s are a little overwhelming!

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and your words. That's what the CD says. It's not my sentencces. All the statements that I give here for the listenings are from a book. So, unfortunately I can't change them.

Best,
L54

Status
Not open for further replies.