Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

I am going to send an email to HR to show my interest in a job. I would to ask him to put me in the process of interview. Can I say the following:

1- Appreciate it if you could put me in the process of interview.

2-Appreciate it if you could put me through the process of interview.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all.

I am going to send an email to HR to show my interest in a job. I would like to ask [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] them to [STRIKE]put me in[/STRIKE] give me some information about the interview process. [STRIKE]of interview.[/STRIKE] Can I say the following?

1- I would appreciate it if you could [STRIKE]put me in[/STRIKE] give me some information about the interview process. [STRIKE]of interview.[/STRIKE]

2- I would appreciate it if you could [STRIKE]put me through the process of[/STRIKE] offer me an interview.

See above. I don't know how this company works but, in most companies, you don't just write to the HR department and ask for an interview. You have to formally apply for the job, using their application form and a covering letter.

I've given a couple of options above. If you haven't completed the formal application process, I doubt either of them will help.

We have told you before about the importance of writing in full sentences. You keep starting with "Appreciate it if ...". That is not correct. You are not going to impress any companies you write to if you keep making those errors. You're also going to make us wonder why we're spending time helping you when you keep making the same mistakes, even after we've corrected them several times.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
See above. I don't know how this company works but, in most companies, you don't just write to the HR department and ask for an interview. You have to formally apply for the job, using their application form and a covering letter.

I've given a couple of options above. If you haven't completed the formal application process, I doubt either of them will help.

We have told you before about the importance of writing in full sentences. You keep starting with "Appreciate it if ...". That is not correct. You are not going to impress any companies you write to if you keep making those errors. You're also going to make us wonder why we're spending time helping you when you keep making the same mistakes, even after we've corrected them several times.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

The point is that I used to use this form "appreciate it...". Will make sure not to use it again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

The point is that I used to use [STRIKE]this form[/STRIKE] "appreciate it...". Will make sure not to use it again.

Seriously, Economist, I despair. Look at your third sentence. Is that a full sentence?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have two concerns.

1. You seem impatient. You're not respecting or abiding by the company's process. That will work against you. Even if they hire you anyway, you'll be starting out at a disadvantage because you'll be tagged as a difficult employee.

2. You're applying for a job that might require stronger English fluency than you have. Your English is not bad, but it's not entirely fluent yet, either. How will you deal with that when you get there? I hope we won't have to correct all your reports!​

(We had one student here who privately asked me to do that for him. I said no.)​

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks for your concern.

I appreciate your first concern and will put it into my consideration.

Regarding the second concern, I of course will not ask you edit any of my reports. I am here to just share with the native speakers the sentences that I believe it can be articulated in a better way.

I am also working on developing my command of English and in a short time you will see that obvious in my writings.

Status
Not open for further replies.