Are our sentences too complicated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendy426

Member Type
Student or Learner
My English teacher say that our setences usually include lots of things. Like this [FONT=&quot]In the morning, I go to school to learn the knowledge about finance that is very important to me in the future.[/FONT] Compare with our writing, foreigners only tell one thing in a sentence .
But my last English teacher telled us,we should try to make sentences more beautiful and longer.
What should I do?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
My English teacher say that our setences usually include lots of things. Like this [FONT=&quot]In the morning, I go to school to learn the knowledge about finance that is very important to me in the future.[/FONT] Compare with our writing, foreigners only tell one thing in a sentence .
But my last English teacher telled us,we should try to make sentences more beautiful and longer.
What should I do?
The sentences in your post are appropriate length. As your English improves, you will be able to write longer sentences without having them seem awkward.
The key is to read a lot. You will get a better idea that way of how much information English writers usually put into a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.