Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hii, am working as parliamentary staff in my country, and am thinking to write letter to Republican and Democrat party to ask permission so i can join / overseeing their convention which will be held in July/August this year, my party will most likely funds the trip, and my boss will endorse it and help me connect with a rep. so all i need is their permission so i can be monitoring the whole stages of the convention

since its formal letter, most likely will be read by senior politician in US, and its not an email, i really dont want looks like a fool, could anyone help me what to write in the letter?

For a start, should i say monitor the convention? Or overseeing? Or join?

Thanks, realy hope someone can help me out

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE]Hii[/STRIKE] Hi, I am working as parliamentary staff in my country, and am thinking about writing a letter to the Republican and the Democrat party to ask permission [STRIKE]so I can[/STRIKE] to join/overseeing their convention which will be held in July/August this year. My party will most likely [STRIKE]funds[/STRIKE] fund the trip, and my boss will endorse it and help me connect with a rep. so all I need is their permission so I can monitor the whole convention.

Since it's a formal letter, most likely it will be read by a senior politician in the US, and it's not an email. I really don't want to look like a fool. Could anyone help me write the letter?

For a start, should I say "monitor the convention"? Or "overseeing"? Or "join"?

Thanks, I really hope someone can help me out.

I'm pretty sure all they will let you do is watch. (If you are a member of the press or a representative of the government you might be able to get a pass.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Rianpradipta

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Dear Tarheel, thank you so much for replying my message, specially for correcting my text, i was actually hopping that someone could give me an idea how to start the letter or what to say in the letter, but, again thank you. Well, i have prepared a letter, i would very appreciate it if you could please correct me again or put some sentence to say in the letter

Dear Rep/Sen … (To whom this may concern)

On behalf of Party Name, We formally request consideration for getting passes to attend and observe the 2020 National Democratic Convention which we believe will be held on July 13[SUP]th[/SUP] to 16[SUP]th[/SUP], 2020 at Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

If you grant our request, we will send five delegates from our Party to observe the implementation of the Convention hoping to learn and can adopt it on our Party platform in finding a President and Vice President Candidate at next election. We will bear all the responsibilities, including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, the accommodation and return air ticket of our all delegations.

We greatly appreciate your consideration and assistance with this request. (should i put my contact number or email here? or should i just stop here since the contact information should be in the header/footer of the letter)

Thank you

Kind regards

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Tarheel, thank you so much for replying to my message, specially for correcting my text. I was [STRIKE]actually[/STRIKE] hoping that someone would give me an idea how to start the letter or what to say in the letter, but, again thank you. Well, I have prepared a letter, and I i would very much appreciate it if you would make some corrections and suggestions.

I don't always have time to respond to long posts. I might look at the rest of it later. (Breakfast is on my mind.)

You made some of the same mistakes you made in the previous post. Please review the amended version. Do it twice! (At least.)

We don't use chatlish here, so remember to capitalize the pronoun I.

One more thing. Don't use the word actually unless there is a reason for it. (There isn't one there.) Also, please note the correct spelling of hoping.

(Thanks, Ems!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.