Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi, this is a short essay I've written about dropping out from school. Thanks for reading it and telling me about my mistakes :)

Dropping out is a critical phenomenon which has many negative effects on society and economy of countries. It is defined as leaving school due to several reasons. In this essay I will mention some factors which give the student’s life a push in the wrong direction.
To begin with, there are many personal reasons to drop out from school. Parents play a significant role in this issue. Child’s life depends directly on his family environment, on one hand, ongoing parental dispute or divorce turns the child’s life into a nightmare. As a result, the child tries to draw his parents’ attention by ignoring his homeworks and refraining from going to school, so he repeats years and automatically drops out. On the other hand, parents may be indifferent about their child because of their daily struggling to make everything available but they don’t follow the progress of their child. Besides this, a family whose members are illiterate is another factor. The child usually drops out at an early level as long as his example may not have even attended school.

In addition to this, customs and traditions play a significant role especially in rural areas. Some families believe that it is not important to send their girls to school as long as they will ultimately get married and stay at home. In the same context, some families keep their children to help them either at home for girls or outside for boys; this raises the issue of children labor especially for boys. Economically speaking, poverty is a remarkable factor. Sending children to school is beyond the means of some families.

To conclude, study is important for everyone of us because it develops our knowledge and skills to get the job we desire and be appreciated in society. Everyone has to do something from his position to reduce the rate of dropping out, from families to governments.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Is this homework, ucef?

Status