how to prepare a lesson plan that includes a Introduction, Activity, and Conclution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoldiz

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Mexico
Good evening I have been teaching for the past two years but I woul like to learn a better way to plan my class, i will provably be working in a new school and they require for me to have a lesson plan in this way. I would like to learn to prepare a lesson plan that would include.
  1. Introduction
  2. Activity
  3. conclution

Can you help me?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Most lesson plans follow that sequence. What sort of curriculum does the school follow?

MartinEnglish

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think it helps if you think of the aims of the lesson - that should be clear to you and the students
Some people write the aim on the board at the beginning of the lesson.
1. introduce the target language (vocab, grammar point, etc) - this could be in the context of an article to read, a piece of audio or video, or you could just write sentences etc on the board
2. your students practice using the target language - usually this follows an order of guided practice (e.g. completing gapfills, arranging cards and so on) then free practice (the students have more creative input - e.g. writing their own sentences, or dialogue, or moving around the room speaking and using the TL
3. The conclusion should show both you and the students that everyone has got it (or not, in which case you know who needs extra help)

That's all a bit vague I know but I hope it helps. If you like you can PM me if you have specific questions/problems and I will try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.