Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Even though Turkey and the United States are far countries to each other, in two different continets, they have things in common. For example, foundation of both countries depended upon an independnce war. After these wars they declared their indipendencies and switched to democratic sytems. Nevertheless, while Turkey has a parlimentary system, the USA prefers a presidental system. Besides that, the USA consists of the independent states and rules; however, Turkey has only one central government. There is no different law systems in Turkey.

In case of language, English is the main language in the USA and Turkish is spoken mainly and officially in Turkey. English is taught in the first and secondary schools as a second language in Turkey. Many young Turks are prone to learn and improve their English. However, local people are not always good at understanding and speaking English. And in the USA, speaking Spanish has an increasing trend.

When you compare the histories of the both nations, you will see that they imigrated their current land, which Turks came in the 11th century and Americans arrived in the 16th. In spite of the fact that they fought with native population, they also mixed their cultures with local people. In terms of world wars, the USA participated the first and second wars, but Turkey remained natural in the second one. Nonetheless, they both have strong armies in the NATO today.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Even though Turkey and the United States are far [STRIKE]countries to[/STRIKE] from each other and are located in two different continents, they have many things in common. For example, the [STRIKE]foundation[/STRIKE] founding of both countries depended [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE]on an independence war. After the[STRIKE]se [/STRIKE]wars they declared their [STRIKE]indipendencies[/STRIKE] independence and switched to democratic systems of government. Nevertheless, while Turkey has a parliamentary system, the USA [STRIKE]prefers[/STRIKE] adopts a presidential system. Besides that, the USA consists of the independent states and [STRIKE]rules[/STRIKE] laws. However, Turkey has only one central government. There [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are no different law systems in Turkey.

[STRIKE]In case of language,[/STRIKE] English is the main language in the USA [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE] while Turkish is[STRIKE] spoken mainly and officially[/STRIKE] the main and official language in Turkey. English is taught in [STRIKE]the first and secondary[/STRIKE] schools as a second language in Turkey. Many young Turks are [STRIKE]prone[/STRIKE] keen to learn and improve their English. However, the local people are not always good at understanding and speaking English. And in the USA, speaking Spanish has [STRIKE]an increasing trend[/STRIKE] become more common.

When you compare the histories of the both nations, you will see that they originally [STRIKE]imigrated[/STRIKE] migrated to their current land;[STRIKE] which[/STRIKE] the Turks came in the 11th century and Americans arrived in the 16th century. In spite of the fact that they fought with the native[STRIKE] population[/STRIKE] people, they also [STRIKE]mixed their cultures[/STRIKE] integrate into the local [STRIKE]people[/STRIKE] culture. In terms of world wars, the USA participated the First and Second wars, but Turkey remained [STRIKE]natural[/STRIKE] neutral in the second one. Nonetheless, they both have strong armies in the NATO today.

See above

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you have an actual question for us, Nordre?

Nordre

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thank you for your warning, I am sorry, I must have put a question, like "Could you please check my text".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you for your warning, I am sorry, I must have put a question, like "Could you please check my text".

There are several mistakes in the above. Can you spot them?

Nordre

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
There are several mistakes in the above. Can you spot them?

There can be some punctuation erors. And, instead of put, I could write "add".

Thank you for your warning. I am sorry, I must have added a question, like: " Could you please check my text? Thank you. ".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you for your warning(alert/heads up). I am sorry; I [STRIKE]must [/STRIKE] should have put/added a question, like"Could you please check my text?".

See above. You cannot use commas to join independent, unrelated clauses.
Must have put means you have already put something, which you did not.

Nordre

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
See above. You cannot use commas to join independent, unrelated clauses.
Must have put means you have already put something, which you did not.

Thank you for your informative explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.